Indigenous Community-Based Climate Monitoring Program
Apply for funding for climate monitoring projects.
Budget 2017 announced $31.4 million over 5 years to implement the Indigenous Community-Based Climate Monitoring Program:
- $5.5 million in 2018-2019 to support Indigenous communities in monitoring climate change impacts.
About the program
This program was developed in response to needs that the National Indigenous Organizations identified through engagement on the Pan-Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change. The program provides funding to support Indigenous communities in the development and implementation of community-based climate monitoring projects.
The goal of the program is to support Indigenous peoples in monitoring climate indicators, which will provide the data required to inform community adaptation actions. In addition, the data can help address climate data gaps within Canada and improve climate models and weather predictions.
Who can apply?
- Indigenous communities and organizations
- First Nation band or tribal councils
- Indigenous individuals
Eligible applicants can work with external partners such as:
- other Indigenous communities
- federal, provincial, territorial or regional governments
- non-governmental organizations
- academic institutions
How to apply?
To apply for program funding, please follow the application process outlined below:
- Review the Funding Guidelines 2018-2019 and the work plan and budget spreadsheets.
- Seek and confirm community support for your proposed project with a community support letter.
- Complete a 2 to 5 page project proposal as described in the Funding Guidelines 2018-2019, as well as the work plan (XLS Format) and budget (XLS Format) spreadsheets.
- Submit the project proposal, work plan and budget spreadsheets, and community support letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for proposal submission is midnight Eastern Standard Time on Friday, February 16, 2018.
For more information about the program or the funding application process, contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone via the Public Enquiries Contact Centre at 1-800-567-9604.
If you require a different format for the work plan or budget sheet, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Funding Guidelines 2018-2019
- Work Plan Spreadsheet (XLS Format)
- Budget Spreadsheet (XLS Format)
- Climate Change Preparedness in the North Program
- First Nation Adapt Program
- Northern Responsible Energy Approach for Community Heat and Electricity Program
- Northern Contaminants Program – Community-Based Monitoring and Research Blueprint
- Health Canada - Climate Change and Health Adaptation Program
- Date modified: