Urban Programming for Indigenous Peoples: Programs and services
The 2017-2018 call for proposals under the Urban Programming for Indigenous Peoples: Programs and services funding stream is now closed. Due to a technical issue with the online application, the deadline to submit a proposal was extended to July 14, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. The technical issue has been resolved.
About the call
As part of the new Urban Programming for Indigenous Peoples program, Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) is launching a call for proposals for projects that will support organizations delivering a broad range of programs and services to urban Indigenous peoples.
Project funding will be broad enough to provide the flexibility to address a wide range of locally-identified issues, provided that they are not already funded or eligible to be funded by other federal departments.
Project funding is available for up to five years under the following six key areas:
- women (such as projects to help women transition out of shelters)
- vulnerable populations (such as projects for persons with addictions, disabilities, seniors)
- youth (such as projects that provide land-based activities, mentoring)
- transition services (such as navigator services)
- outreach programs (such as cultural awareness training for non-Indigenous organizations)
- community wellness (such as housing plans or studies, anti-racism, pre employment supports)
Who can apply?
- Indigenous organizations
- municipal governments
- health authorities and institutions
- education authorities and institutions, such as school boards, foundations and associations
- non-Indigenous organizations
All non-Indigenous organizations, including municipal governments, health and education authorities and institutions, require demonstrated support from Indigenous organizations or Indigenous community groups to be eligible for funding.
If you are a Friendship Centre, please contact the National Association of Friendship Centres.
The deadline to submit a proposal was extended to July 14, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
How to apply?
- Consult the Terms and Conditions before filling out an application so you can review additional requirements
- Complete the 2017-2018 Urban Programming for Indigenous Peoples Programs and Services Application Template (PDF).
If you are having difficulty accessing a PDF document, please visit our Help page.
- Develop a budget and monthly cash flow.
- Email your proposal and all required attachments to PUPA-UPIP@aadnc-aandc.gc.ca.
The proposal should not be more than 10 pages, excluding supporting documents.
INAC reviews and approves proposals. All proposals are assessed by these criteria.
Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
- by email at PUPA-UPIP@AADNC-AANDC.gc.ca
- by telephone at 1-800-567-9604 and ask to speak to a UPIP officer
- Date modified: