Lands and Economic Development Services Program: Project-based funding
Find out about project-based funding for lands and economic development in First Nations and Inuit communities.
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) provides operational (core) funding and project-based (targeted) funding under the Lands and Economic Development Services Program (LEDSP). Eligibility and program requirements differ according to the funding type.
About the program
Project-based funding is available for:
- economic development, land management and environment management activities, including (but not limited to)
- capacity development
- land designations that support economic development
- development of proposals to raise financial resources
- program management services pertaining to community economic development
Eligible recipients can apply for LEDSP-project based funding and use it as a supplement to operational funding.
Find out more about the Lands and Economic Development Services Program.
Who can apply?
- First Nations and Inuit communities and their governments
- tribal councils
- organizations and associations controlled by First Nations and Inuit communities, except for those with charitable or religious purposes
- non-Indigenous organizations and associations, except for those with charitable or religious purposes
Call for proposals are usually issued several times each year through INAC regional offices.
Contact your INAC regional office to find out more.
How to apply?
Fill out section A and B of the Lands and Economic Development Planned Activities and Report (form DCI 471935) and submit it to your INAC regional office by their deadline.
Previously selected projects
- Date modified: