Reserve Lands and Environment Management - How can I apply?
The Department will communicate the application requirements directly with applicants.
Required information may include:
- Full name, address, phone number, and description of the applicant.
- Information on the applicant’s financial situation.
- A description of the applicant’s management and organization capacity.
- A detailed description of the proposed project and activities to be undertaken.
- Relevant documentation related to any partnership arrangements and commitments.
- Timelines for the project.
- A cost forecast of the project and details of financing, including all sources of funding for the project.
- Anticipated economic benefits of the project, including expected outcomes and proposed performance measures.
- Any other information considered necessary by the Department.
In some cases, additional information may be required, such as:
- A strategic or business plan that addresses: use of funds; identification and justification of costs; management capacity; business organization; worker capacity; suppliers; provision for unexpected contingencies; products and services; marketing and sales plans; expected revenues, expenses and profit; and project design.
- Documentation indicating approval of the proposed project by the Aboriginal community or by the board of directors of the Aboriginal business or Aboriginal organization.
- Other corporate documents, such as articles of incorporation, by-laws and corporate policies, and procedures manuals.
- Documents supporting the interest in, or need or support for the project by Aboriginal individuals, Aboriginal communities, Aboriginal businesses or Aboriginal organizations.
- Documents supporting the need for the contribution to ensure that the project is realized.
- Documentation related to the business or project’s financing gap.
- Documentation related to the applicant’s legal structure, ownership and control.
- Demonstration of compliance with laws and regulations.
- Environmental effects and proposed mitigation measures.
- Land tenure requirements.
- For non-Aboriginal applicants, explanation of experience in dealing with Aboriginal clients.
NOTE: applications will be considered based on regional and national priorities.
- Date modified: