Transfer Payment Service Standards
The Government of Canada is modernizing the way it administers its Grants and Contributions. Part of this modernization includes posting and adhering to transfer payment service standards. Service standards publicly state the level of performance that clients can reasonably expect to receive under normal circumstances.
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) is committed to adhering to the following transfer payment service standards:
- To have the national funding agreement models available for viewing by December 15 of each year for First Nations and Tribal Councils available for the next fiscal year.
- To offer funding agreements for recipient signature by March 1 every year for First Nations and Tribal Councils.
- To issue payments by April 1 of that calendar year for First Nations and Tribal Councils who return properly executed agreements to INAC by or before March 15 of any calendar year.
- To issue payments by April 15 of that calendar year for First Nations and Tribal Councils who return properly executed agreements to INAC after March 15, but before April 1.
- To make payments under all funding agreements in accordance with the payment schedule and the agreement terms and conditions.
- To send an acknowledgement of receipt of a proposal within 10 working days of receipt of a proposal.
- To send correspondence to each recipient that must submit Annual Audited Financial Statements, within 30 days of receipt, advising whether these financial statements include each document the Reporting Guide requires.
For more information about INAC's transfer payment service standards, or to discuss any concerns you may have, please contact your regional office or program sector.
- Date modified: