The Joint Gathering is an important advancement in the ongoing dialogue between BC First Nations, the BC First Nations Leadership Council and Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC). The event is part of Canada's long-standing commitment to joint discussion and action on issues of common interest to BC First Nations that included Joint Planning and Policy Forums held in regional centres throughout BC in the past decade.
Co-hosted by INAC BC Region and the BC First Nations Leadership Council, which is made up of the BC Assembly of First Nations (BCAFN), the First Nations Summit and the Union of BC Indian Chiefs (UBCIC), the Joint Gathering is designed to build on the quality work already underway by First Nation communities, organizations, and government officials.
- Joint Gathering 2018 – January 16-18 in Vancouver, British Columbia
- Joint Gathering 2017 - Summary Report
- Joint Gathering 2015 - Summary Report
- Joint Gathering 2014 - Summary Report
- Joint Gathering 2013 - Summary Report
- Progress Report: One Year After Joint Gathering 2012
- Joint Gathering 2012 - Summary Report
- Date modified: