Forward Regulatory Plan
A forward regulatory plan is a public list or description of anticipated regulatory changes or actions that a department intends to bring forward or undertake in a specified time frame. It is intended to give consumers, business, other stakeholders and trading partners greater opportunity to inform the development of regulations and to plan for the future. It should be noted that this forward regulatory plan will be adjusted and updated over time as Indigenous and Northern Affairs' operating environment also changes over time.
This plan provides information on planned and potential regulatory initiatives that Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) and Indian Oil and Gas Canada (IOGC), a special operating agency within INAC, expect to bring forward over the next two years. It also identifies public consultation opportunities and a departmental contact point for each regulatory initiative.
For more information
- Guide for Developing and Implementing Interpretation Policies
- Government-wide Administrative Burden Baseline counts
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- Canada-United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
To learn about upcoming or ongoing consultations on proposed federal regulations, visit the Canada Gazette and Consulting With Canadians websites.
- Date modified: