Departmental Plans and Results Reports for Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
The Estimates of the Government of Canada are structured in several parts. Beginning with an overview of total government spending in Part I, the documents become increasingly more specific. Part II outlines spending according to departments, agencies and programs and contains the proposed wording of the conditions governing spending which Parliament will be asked to approve. The Departmental Plan (DP) and the Departmental Results Report (DRR) make up Part III of the Estimates publications. All Estimates documents are prepared to support appropriation acts. The appropriation act is the vehicle through which funds are authorized in order to pay for government programs and services.
The Part I, Part II and Departmental Plans, along with the Minister of Finance's Budget, reflect the government's annual budget planning and resource allocation priorities. In combination with subsequent reporting of financial results in the Public Accounts and of accomplishments achieved in Departmental Results Reports, this material helps Parliament hold the government to account for the allocation and management of public funds.
These reports provide details on departmental priorities, expected results and related resource requirements for the upcoming fiscal year and two subsequent years. They form the basis against which year-end performance is assessed and reported on via Departmental Results Reports and they are tabled by the President of Treasury Board in the House of Commons on a date determined by Parliament.
To learn more about Departmental Plans, visit the Treasury Board's Departmental Plans webpage.
- Departmental Plan 2018–2019
- Departmental Plan 2017–2018
- Report on Plans and Priorities 2016–2017
- Report on Plans and Priorities 2015–2016
- Report on Plans and Priorities 2014–2015
- Report on Plans and Priorities 2013–2014
- Report on Plans and Priorities 2012–2013
- Report on Plans and Priorities 2011–2012
- Report on Plans and Priorities 2010–2011
- Report on Plans and Priorities 2009–2010
- Report on Plans and Priorities 2008 and older
Departmental Results Reports
The Departmental Results Report, which covers the most recently completed fiscal year, is tabled by the President of Treasury Board in Parliament in the fall. This Report provides detail on actual results achieved against departments and agencies plans, priorities and expected results set out in their respective Departmental Plan.
To learn about Departmental Results Reports , visit the Treasury Board's Departmental Results Reports webpage.
- Departmental Results Report 2016–17
- Departmental Performance Report 2015–2016
- Departmental Performance Report 2014–2015
- Departmental Performance Report 2013–2014
- Departmental Performance Report 2012–2013
- Departmental Performance Report 2011–2012
- Departmental Performance Report 2010–2011
- Departmental Performance Report 2009–2010
- Departmental Performance Report 2008 and older