Am I Ready?

UCEP Funding Available For Post-Secondary Upgrading

To be eligible to receive UCEP benefits, you must:

  • apply by the deadline
  • be a status Indian or Inuit resident of the NWT
  • be accepted for and attending the UCEP program at an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution
  • have not received the maximum two semesters of UCEP
  • have not previously defaulted on UCEP funding
  • be able to get all the upgrading you need within two semesters
  • be accepted as a student to a regular, approved university or college credit program when you successfully complete the UCEP program
  • submit a completed application form
  • submit your confirmation of enrolment, complete with signature from the educational institution you are enrolled in

* Please Note: Adult Basic Education courses and high school equivalency programs are not eligible for UCEP funding.

For more information about UCEP eligible programs and courses, or if you are interested in applying, NWT residents can call (867) 669-2506 toll free at 1-888-414-4340.

For information about UCEP in other provinces or territories, please visit: Post-Secondary Education.

Ready to apply?

The Student Budget Sheet (168 Kb) can help you to plan for the upcoming school year.