ARCHIVED - Engagement Sessions on Renovating Programs in Support of Lands and Economic Development
This Web page has been archived on the Web. Archived information is provided for reference, research or record keeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
During the fall of 2010, Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada (AANDC) held engagement sessions to discuss renovating its existing Aboriginal economic development programs. These include programs supporting Aboriginal business development, community economic development and lands and environment management.
The engagement sessions were held to assess how existing programs can better support the strategic priorities of the Federal Framework for Aboriginal Economic Development (released in 2009).
Engagement sessions took place across the country. Participants included: national First Nation, Métis and Inuit organizations and associations; program delivery partners; and other expert and advisory groups, such as the National Aboriginal Economic Development Board. Four roundtables were held to ensure the perspectives of Aboriginal women, Aboriginal youth, remote communities and businesses (Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal) were heard.
AANDC committed to studying all input from the sessions when developing options for the renewal of its Aboriginal lands, business and community economic development programs.
Sessions were completed in December 2010. Reports will be made available through AANDC's website in fall 2011.
- Regional Engagement Sessions:
- Atlantic Region Engagement Session Report
- Quebec Region Engagement Session Report
- Manitoba Region Engagement Session Report
- Ontario Region Engagement Session Report
- Saskatchewan Region Engagement Session Report
- Alberta Region Engagement Session Report British Columbia Region Engagement Session Report
- Yukon Region Engagement Session Report
- Northwest Territories Region Engagement Session Report
What information is available?
- Date modified: