Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) inspectors are responsible for the inspection of Crown lands and the offshore in the Northwest Territories. These inspections help permit/licence holders ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, and the terms and conditions in authorizations that are issued by the INAC regional office and the various land and water boards.
What do inspectors do?
Inspectors support permit/licence holders to meet the terms and conditions of various authorizations, by:
- Providing information and support to ensure compliance with the applicable acts and regulations
- Inspecting, monitoring and analyzing data, and conducting investigations to measure compliance
- Recommending options for compliance
- Preparing court briefs and evidence in the case of non-compliance
- Taking other actions deemed necessary to prevent or minimize danger to the environment and the public and to prevent the misuse of natural resources
- Date modified: