Grants and Contribution Information Management System
The Grants and Contribution Information Management System is a web-enabled transfer payment management system that automates the Department's transfer payment business processes, manages funding agreement information, and provides on-line access for First Nations and other funding recipients. From 2007 to 2013, GCIMS was named the First Nations and Inuit Transfer Payments System (FNITP). While the GCIMS system supports a number of business processes, its primary function is to effectively manage transfer payments to recipients of departmental grants and contributions.
The system offers a number of benefits by providing:
- improved accountability through the use of robust financial and non-financial reporting capabilities;
- better management of funding arrangement information and;
- the employment of prudent cash management practices in accordance with Treasury Board requirements for Transfer Payments and the Department's internal accountability performance reporting and evaluation.
The functionality of GCIMS includes:
- Submission and review of Applications and Proposals.
- Creation and management of funding agreements, amendments and adjustments.
- Financial transaction management and reporting.
- Submission, review, and approval of recipient reporting requirements.
- Recipients system access that provides:
- Tracking of reports submitted with immediate feedback for any issues which might trigger funding halts so they can be managed in a timely manner.
- Electronic access to reports which provide information for the statistical analysis of program information.
- Electronic access to cash flow and payment information.
- Electronic access to funding agreement information such as terms and conditions.
- The ability to access the status of amendments or budget adjustments within the funding agreement.
If you are a Recipient that receives funding from AANDC who would like to benefit from using GCIMS, please contact your Regional Financial Support Officer for further details on how to access the application or through the following contacts:
AANDC National Support Desk IT Services is STI-ITS@AADNC-AANDC.gc.ca
Phone: (866) 795-6465 for Department Users (Internal Users)
Phone: (866) 874-5578 for Non-Departmental Users (External Users)
- Date modified: