Whitehorse: Income Assistance Refunds


This website will change as a result of the dissolution of Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada, and the creation of Indigenous Services Canada and the eventual creation of Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada. During this transformation, you may also wish to consult the updated Indigenous and Northern Affairs home page.

If you received Income Assistance from Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) Yukon between 2008 and 2016, you may be eligible for a refund.

We are issuing payments to some of our Income Assistance clients who should have received exemptions between 2008 and 2016.

If you received Income Assistance from INAC, Ross River Dena Council, White River First Nation, Ta'an Kwäch'än Council or Liard First Nation between 2008 and 2016, please call the appropriate office to see if there is a refund cheque for you.

Am I Eligible?

If you received social assistance from the Whitehorse INAC office between 2008 and 2016

Please contact INAC's Yukon office at 867-667-3399 to provide an up-to-date address. We will review your file and let you know if you are eligible for a refund.

If you received Income Assistance between June 2008 and June 2016 from Ross River Dena Council, White River First Nation, Liard First Nation, or Ta'an Kwäch'än Council

Please contact the First Nation's Social Assistance office directly for information on possible refunds.

Date modified: