Are You Interested in Serving as a Member on Northwest Territories Boards, Committees or Panels?
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada is seeking individuals willing to be considered as a Ministerial appointee or nominee on the following:
- Environmental Impact Review Board for the Inuvialuit Settlement Region
- Environmental Impact Screening Committee for the Inuvialuit Settlement Region
- Gwich’in Arbitration Panel
- Gwich’in Land and Water Board
- Gwich’in Land Use Planning Board
- Inuvialuit Water Board
- Mackenzie Valley Land and Water Board
- Mackenzie Valley Environmental Impact Review Board
- Sahtu Arbitration Panel
- Sahtu Land and Water Board
- Sahtu Land Use Planning Board
- Wek’èezhìi Land and Water Board
In the immediate future, appointments will be required for the Chairmen of both the Environmental Impact Screening Committee and the Environmental Impact Review Board for the Inuvialuit Settlement Region, and members for the Mackenzie Valley Land and Water Board, the Mackenzie Valley Environmental Impact Review Board, the Gwich’in Land and Water Board, and the Gwich’in and Sahtu Arbitration Panels. In 2017 and 2018, appointments will be required for other bodies.
Individuals expressing interest to serve must clearly demonstrate their knowledge and experience relevant to the body or bodies on which they wish to serve. Current members are also invited to express their interest in being considered for reappointment or appointment to other bodies. Members must be able to participate in meetings and activities based on the fluctuating workload. Appointments are for set three year terms, except for the Arbitration Panels that are set for five years. Remuneration for days served and expenses for travel are provided.
All candidates proposed for appointment or nomination must undergo a federal security clearance, including the provision of fingerprints and a credit check.
To express your interest, please provide:
- a letter stating on which body or bodies you are interested in serving and setting out your relevant knowledge and experience; and
- a detailed, up-to-date résumé that includes your contact information.
Please send your letter and résumé to:
Governance and Partnerships Directorate
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
NWT Regional Office
PO Box 1500
Yellowknife NT X1A 2R3
Should you have questions, please contact Jeanette Hernberg by telephone at 867-669-2617 or by email at Jeanette.Hernberg@aandc-aadnc.gc.ca.
For appointments planned in the immediate future, please submit your expression of interest by December 19, 2016. Expressions of interest received after the closing date may be considered for future vacancies.
- Date modified: