A new approach for mutual transparency and accountability between First Nations and the Government of Canada: Engagement 2017
Current status: Open
The engagement started on January 31, 2017.
On December 18, 2015, the Minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs issued a statement in which she committed to work with First Nation leadership and organizations on the way forward for mutual transparency and accountability.
The Government of Canada is seeking input on how to best support mutual transparency and accountability between First Nations and the Government of Canada.
The Government of Canada will engage with:
- First Nation leaders and members
- First Nations organizations and institutions
The Government of Canada is working with First Nations on how to support improved transparency and accountability going forward.
Through this engagement, participants will be asked to:
- suggest new approaches to mutual transparency and accountability
- comment on options which could support mutual transparency and accountability
The Government of Canada is open to considering all options. Feedback from this engagement will lay the groundwork for a new way forward.
How to participate
There are five ways to participate:
- Attend a meeting (scheduled with First Nations leadership and representative organizations – by invitation only). You can view our engagement overview.
- Fill out the online survey.
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Send a letter to the address in the contact information below.
- Call our dedicated phone line at 1-844-882-3764 and leave a comment.
The feedback received will be shared publicly.
When and where
Dates and locations of upcoming meetings will be posted as they are arranged.
Mutual Transparency and Accountability Engagement
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
10 rue Wellington, North Tower
- Date modified: