The British Columbia Treaty Negotiations Process
The governments of Canada and British Columbia (BC) and BC First Nations represented by the First Nations Summit are negotiating modern treaties under the British Columbia treaty process overseen by the BC Treaty Commission. By concluding treaties in BC, the parties seek to achieve certainty over ownership, use and management of land and resources, and to enhance economic opportunities for First Nations, British Columbians and all Canadians.
General Background Information
- What is the BC treaty negotiations process?
- Why is Canada negotiating treaties in BC?
- What agreements are under negotiation in BC?
- What is the status of negotiations in BC?
You may also be interested in:
- Multilateral Engagement Process to Improve and Expedite Treaty Negotiations in British Columbia
- Explore this map to learn about where negotiations are taking place across the country or review this list of negotiating tables.
- Fact Sheet: Treaty-Related Measures
- Date modified: