Important: TWO (2) unaltered, identical, commercial grade, passport style photographs are required to be submitted with your application.
Size and Paper
- The length of the face on the photographs from chin to crown (natural top) of head must be between 31 mm (1 1/4 in.) and 36 mm (1 7/16 in.).
- Photographs must measure 50 mm x 70 mm in size (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long).
- Photographs must be a close-up of the head and shoulders so that the face covers approximately 25% of the photograph.
- Photographs must be printed on plain, high quality photographic paper. Heavyweight paper is not acceptable.
- Colour or black and white photographs are acceptable.
- The photographs provided will be printed on the SCIS.
- Photographs must be taken against a plain white or light-coloured background so that the applicant's features are clearly distinguishable against the background.
- Shadows are unacceptable. Lighting must be uniform to avoid shadows across the face or shoulders, around the ears or in the background.
- There must be no reflection or glare on the face or glasses.
- The applicant must show a neutral facial expression (no smiling, mouth closed).
- Eyes must be open and clearly visible. Glasses, including tinted prescription glasses, are acceptable as long as the eyes are clearly visible and there is no glare in the glasses.
- Sunglasses are unacceptable.
- Photographs must show a full head without any head covering, unless worn for religious or medical reasons. However, both edges of the face must be clearly visible.
- Photographs must show a full front view of the applicant's face and top of the applicant's shoulders must be squared to the camera (the image of the applicant's face and shoulders must be centred in the photograph).
- Photographs must be clear, sharp and in focus.
- Photographs must be original and not taken from an existing photograph.
- Photographs must have been taken within the last 12 months.
- The name of the photographer or studio, the address and the date the photograph was taken (not the date the photograph was printed) must be provided directly on the back of one photograph.
- Ensure your guarantor signs the back of ONE (1) photo, if you are submitting your application by mail.