Crown-First Nations Gathering
January 24, 2012 marked a historic Crown-First Nations Gathering.
The Prime Minister announced the Gathering on December 1, 2011.
It is one of the steps that the Government of Canada is taking with the Assembly of First Nations to strengthen the Crown-First Nations relationship. The Government of Canada is committed to working with the AFN through a Canada-First Nations Joint Action Plan.
Information Related to the Gathering:
- Working Group on Natural Resources Development
- Agenda: Crown-First Nations Gathering - "Strengthening Our Relationship – Unlocking Our Economic Potential"
- Government of Canada Progress Report (2006 - 2012)
- Backgrounder – Crown-First Nations Gathering
- Backgrounder – Crown's Gift to First Nations
- Backgrounder – Canada-First Nations Joint Action Plan
- Opening Remarks - National Chief Atleo
- Opening Remarks - Governor General Johnston
- Speech - Minister Duncan
- Closing Remarks - Minister Penashue
- Closing Remarks - National Chief Atleo
- Outcome Statement - Crown-First Nations Gathering
- Crown-First Nations Gathering Progress Report (January 2013)
- Crown–First Nations Gathering Commitments - Progress Report - January 2014
- Date modified: