Northern Petroleum Resources
Benefits Plan Guidelines for the North.
Oil and gas exploration and development are key to Canada's economic well-being. One quarter of Canada's discovered resources of conventional petroleum are in the North and remain undeveloped, as well as about one third of the country's estimated potential.
AANDC works in partnership with Northern and Aboriginal governments and people to:
- govern the allocation of Crown lands to the private sector for oil and gas exploration;
- develop the regulatory environment;
- set and collect royalties; and
- approve benefit plans before development takes place in a given area.
Benefit plans define oil and gas operators' policies and activities to maximize employment and training prospects for Northerners. The plans also ensure that Northern businesses have opportunities to supply goods and services on a competitive basis.
What Information is Available?
- Contact Northern Oil and Gas
- Rights Management
- Maps and digital files
- Royalty Administration
- Benefit plans
- Petroleum and Environmental Management Tool (PEMT)
- Links related to the oil and gas industry.
You may also be interested in:
- Date modified: