Operation, Maintenance, Training
Managing and operating a water system that produces clean water for residents of Aboriginal communities is a serious undertaking. Provinces and territories have special Operator Training and Certification courses for workers who are employed in the fields of water and waste water systems. The courses allow these workers to comply with Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada's (AANDC) policy on Operation and Maintenance. The video The Creator's Gift: Good Water is another tool produced for First Nations. It focuses on the importance of properly operating and maintaining water and waste disposal facilities in First Nation communities.
This list of operator training and certification courses is organized by region to help you find what is offered nearest you.
- Comité sectoriel de main-d'oeuvre de l'environnement (Web site not available in English)
- Ontario Environmental Training Consortium
- New Proposed Regulation for Certification of Drinking-Water Systems Operators and Water Quality Analysts
- Keewaytinook Centre of Excellence
- Water and Wastewater Technician Program (Virtual)
B.C. and Yukon
- Canadian Water and Wastewater Association
- Association of Boards of Certification
- American Water Works Association online course
- Date modified: