Investment and Economic Growth
In addition to building strong partnerships between Aboriginal people and governments, the implementation of modern treaties creates a positive and stable climate for investment and economic growth.
Implementing modern treaties has a positive effect on economic and investment growth, by:
- Fostering sustainable resource development supported by local people
- Enhancing land claim participants’ ability to establish businesses that benefit beneficiaries
- Supporting political, human resource and capacity development
Here in the NWT, implementation of modern treaties has contributed to the successes of the Inuvialuit, Gwich’in, Sahtu, and Tlicho in business development and resource industry participation, and has a positive influence for all on investment and development of the NWT.
You may be interested in our publication Doing Business in the NWT, if you are:
- The owner or operator of a business that provides goods or services
- An Aboriginal business owner, or operating in a settled land claim area in the NWT
- Wondering about Aboriginal employment and business opportunities that may be available to you
- Interested in doing business with federal government in the NWT
- Date modified: