Other Government Programs and Services

Health Care

All Canadians can access medical services through their provincial or territorial health insurance plan. If you're a First Nations person living on reserve, you can also access community-based health programs and services. Many of these are delivered locally by First Nations organisations. Contact your local health centre or band office for more information.

  • Health Canada also provides services and programs for First Nations and Inuit. Find out more:
  • Veterans – as a war veteran or civilian with theatre-of-war experience, you and your family may be entitled to certain services and benefits.

Children, Youth and Education

Jobs and Training

Business Services and Economic Development

Arts and Culture

  • The Canada Council for the Arts offers programs to help artists create and present their work. All Canada Council programs are available to Aboriginal artists and non-profit arts organisations. In addition, there are several council programs open only to Aboriginal artists and arts organisations.

Justice, Legal Issues and Taxation

  • Alternatives to the justice system are available to Aboriginal people, particularly youth.

New Technology