Indian Residential Schools
The Web site deals with topics that may cause trauma invoked by memories of past abuse. The Government of Canada recognizes the need for safety measures to minimize the risk associated with triggering.
A National Indian Residential School Crisis Line has been set up to provide support for former Residential School students. You can access emotional and crisis referral services. You can also get information on how to get other health supports from the Government of Canada.
Please call the Crisis Line at 1-866-925-4419 if you or someone you know is triggered while reading the content on this web site.
As per the Indian Residential Schools Settlement Agreement, the deadline to apply for the Independent Assessment Process (IAP) and for Common Experience Payment (CEP) under exceptional circumstances was September 19, 2012. The deadline has now passed.
Former students who have already applied to CEP can obtain more information about their application by calling 1-866-565-4526.
IAP applicants can call 1-866-879-4913 for more information.
What Information is Available?
- Frequently Asked Questions – Personal Credits
- Frequently Asked Questions - September 19, 2012, Deadline in the Indian Residential Schools Settlement Agreement
- Remembering the Past: A Window to the Future
- Frequently Asked Questions - Canada’s Gestures of Reconciliation
- Frequently Asked Questions – Settlement Agreement
- Government of Canada Indian Residential Schools Settlement Agreement outreach & public education activities
- Fact Sheet – Indian Residential Schools Settlement Agreement
- Date modified: