Arts, Culture and Heritage
Through learning resources, events and the Aboriginal Art Centre, Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada (AANDC) works with Aboriginal partners to help celebrate, raise awareness of, and preserve Aboriginal arts, culture and heritage. These help define our national identity and enrich the lives of all Canadians.
What Information is Available?
In this section you will find:
- Mi'kmaq tradition highlighted during Queen's visit to Canada
- National Aboriginal History Month
- Games, classroom learning activities and more on AANDC's Kids' Stop
- Information on National Aboriginal Day
- Photographs, essays, an artist directory, information on art lending and more through the Aboriginal Art Centre.
- Kumik – Council of Elders
You may also be interested in:
- Unikkausivut: Sharing Our Stories
- Aboriginal Friendship Centre Program
- Cultural Connections for Aboriginal Youth
- Our Voices, Our Stories: First Nations, Métis and Inuit Stories, Library and Archives Canada
- Cultural/Educational Centres Program
- Historic Treaties
- The Aboriginal Peoples' Program, Canadian Heritage
- Canada Council for the Arts
- Date modified: