National Assessment of First Nations Water and Wastewater Systems - Saskatchewan Regional Roll-Up Report
Figure 3.16 – Effluent Risk Drivers
This graph illustrates the frequency of the main drivers that contribute to the effluent risk for wastewater systems in First Nations communities in Saskatchewan. There are four key risk drivers:
- High-Risk Effluent Receiver;
- Possible Species at Risk in the Receiving Environment;
- Nearby Human Use of the Receiving Environment; and
- Receiving Environment is a Sensitive Area.
- 13 percent of the wastewater systems have a high-risk effluent receiver.
- 65 percent of the wastewater systems possibly have species at risk in the receiving environment.
- 31 percent of the wastewater systems have human use nearby the receiving environment.
- For 1 percent of the wastewater systems, the receiving environment is a sensitive area.
Return to source image