National Assessment of First Nations Water and Wastewater Systems - Saskatchewan Regional Roll-Up Report
Figure 3.12 – Operator Risk Drivers (Treatment)
This graph illustrates the frequency of the main drivers that contribute to the operator risk for water systems in First Nations communities in Saskatchewan.
There are 5 key risk drivers:
- No Primary Operator and/or Primary Operator Not Certified to the Treatment System Classification;
- Primary Operator Uncertified and/or Has Insufficient Experience/Training for the Distribution System;
- Primary Operator Not Enrolled in Training;
- No Backup Operator and/or Backup Operator Not Certified to the Treatment System Classification; and
- No Access to Fully Trained Operator.
- For 10 percent of the water systems, there is no primary operator and/or the primary operator is not certified to the required level of the treatment system classification.
- For 2 percent of the water systems, the primary operator is uncertified and/or has insufficient experience/training for the distribution system.
- For 20 percent of the water systems, the primary operator is not enrolled in training.
- 54 percent of the water systems have no backup operator or they have a backup operator who is not certified to the treatment system classification.
- 12 percent of the water systems have no access to a fully trained operator.
Return to source image